Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First Day in ED447

Today is my first day back at school starting with my Instructional Technology class.  I just learned how to create a blog for the first time and created my own Google account.  This is fairly new to me, I've never blogged before and I am looking forward to it.

This is my second year here at Caldwell College.  I have a full, busy schedule this semester, consisting of 16 credits.  I'm taking biology including a lab, two education classes, a literature class, and a writing class.  I am also observing 60 hours at an elementary school in my town, Nutley, NJ. I did this last semester as well and enjoyed it very much. I like to see what really goes on in the classroom and what I will be experiencing as a teacher.  I have a lot of patience with kids and enjoy them very much.  I've always wanted to be a teacher since I was younger; I used to play school all the time.(and I was always the teacher) I am really looking forward to this class specially with Dr. Ries.  I took her ED206 course last semester and she presented us with such a wonderful class.  I learned a lot with her and she is very helpful if you ever find yourself struggling.

5 comments:

  1. I've also always wanted to be a teacher! That's really cool :) What grade are you observing? I'm also really happy that you posted a little bit about Dr. Ries, since I've never had her and haven't gotten to know her too well yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited to see how things are from an observers standpoint too! I have always wanted to be a teacher as well :) Having this class will definitely help us in our field so we can provide our future students with different ways to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Danielle. Dr. Ries is great and very helpful. I had her my first semester here and enjoyed her class and learned a lot. I had no idea she was our teacher for Instructional Technology. I was glad to see her when I walked in! You will get to know her and love her. Im observing 2nd grade which I did last semester as well. I like the younger ones, I am always interested in what they have to say. They get very eager to participate in class and like to share their thoughts which I think is pretty cool. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristalyn have you ever observed before or is this your first semester? If not you're going to love it! You get to see what it's really like inside the classroom and the point of view from the teacher and the student. This class is great for what we need to be doing in the classroom today. I'm really looking forward to knowing how to work the ins and outs of a smart board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabriella, I have observed in ED 206 for 9 hours and I loved it! The students were so adorable and the teachers were so sweet! It's so nice to be in a classroom where the students and teachers get along. I am also excited to learn about the ins and outs of SmartBoard as well. I believe the students will definitely like the technological aspect of a lesson rather than just reading from a textbook.

    ReplyDelete